Friday, February 16, 2007

pop quiz

Q. Which of these crazy kids:



a) talks sense;

b) does NOT bring shame on a world religion;

c) does NOT spew tripe about the Jews, teh gayz, and the like;

d) does NOT leave a funky taste in my mouth; and

e) possesses a tasty skin that I find irresistable, even though my ma always warns me that the outer filth has probably not been scrubbed off?




Fig. A William "Bill" Donahue.





Fig. B A sweet potato.





A. Trick question! I find William "Bill" Donahue neither tasty nor irresistable, although my ma did warn me about lunatics like him (I think it was the story of the teenagers who found the hook dangling from their car...) Hooray for SWEET POTATO!!!, favorite treat of all patriotic Americans.

These brethren are both fine examples of a starchy, tuberous root. However, consumption of William "Bill" Donahue may lead to diabetes, hookworm, hemorrhage, and abscesses (also: William "Bill" Donahue actually prevents me from lactating), while SWEET POTATO!!! cures all. SWEET POTATO!!!, for a smooth and sensuous mouthfeel. Yes, SWEET POTATO!!!, for cleansing the palate after I throw up in my mouth a little.

No comments: